- 2009 – 2014: PhD & DIC in Chemical Engineering Research, Imperial College London, UK. “Clean Energy via Hydrothermal Gasification of Hydrocarbon Resources“
- October – November 2011: Visiting Research Student in Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University, China.
- 2008 – 2009: MSc (67% Merit) in Chemical Engineering, University of Nottingham. UK.
- 2006 – 2008: BEng (Hons) in Chemical Engineering, University of Nottingham, UK.
- 2002 – 2005: Associate Diploma (Excellent) in Chemical Engineering Technology, Jubail Industrial College, Saudi Arabia.
- May 2017 – Present: Principal Investigator, Faculty of Economics, Business and Statistics, University of Vienna, Austria
- April 2016 – April 2017: Visiting Postdoctoral Researcher, Industry, Energy and Environment Chair, University of Vienna, Austria
- Sept 2015 – Present: Member of Expert Group, Division of Sustainable Energy, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE), Geneva, Switzerland
- May 2015 – Present: Board Member of Future Energy Leaders, World Energy Council (WEC), London, UK
- Oct 2016 – Jan 2017: Visiting Research Fellow, OPEC, Vienna, Austria
- April – Oct 2016: Associate, King Faisal Centre for Research and Islamic Studies (KFCRIS), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Oct 2015 – Jan 2017: Leader of Studies Committee of Future Energy Leaders Board, World Energy Council, London, UK
- May 2015 – Feb 2016: Fellow (Part-Time), International Energy Agency Hydrogen Implementing Agreement (IEA-HIA), Washington D.C, MD. USA
- Sep 2014 – April 2016: Postdoctoral Fellow, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia
- May 2013- Dec 2013: Research Intern, IAEA, Austria
- Oct 2011- Nov 2011: Visiting PhD researcher, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
- Oct 2009 – May 2013: Research Postgraduate, Imperial College London, UK
Research Funds & Scholarships
- Recipient of a Research Fellowship Award by King Faisal Centre for Research and Islamic Studies, 2016
- Recipient of a Postdoctoral Fellowship on “Future Fuels” by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), 2014
- Recipient of the Imperial-Tsinghua funded research placement and summer school award, 2011
- Recipient of the Saudi Government Scholarship for PhD research at Imperial College London, 2009
- Recipient of the Saudi Government Scholarship for MSc at the University of Nottingham, 2008
- Nottingham University overseas undergraduate scholarship (£2500 per annum), 2006-2008
- Recipient of the Saudi Government Scholarship for undergraduate studies at the University of Nottingham, 2006
- Member, Royal Institute of International Affairs (Chatham House) (2016-2017)
- Member, International Association of Energy Economics (IAEE) (2014-2015)
- Graduate Member, Energy Institute, UK (2009-2013)
- Member, Parliamentary Group for Energy Studies, UK (2013-2014)
- Member, Royal Institute for Defence and Security Studies (RUSI), UK (2011-2014)
- Member, United Nations Association of the UK (2012-2014)